ALF Special Contribution Award
About the Award:
This award recognizes a firm or individual's contribution to the Aboriginal Lawyers Forum in addressing the various issues facing Indigenous people in the legal profession. These issues include the retention of Indigenous people in the legal profession and the support and enhancement of the stature and influence of Indigenous people in the legal profession.
To be eligible for the award, a nominee must:
- be a resident of British Columbia
- not be a current member of the ALF Executive;
- have demonstrated outstanding contribution to Indigenous people in the field of law, including any or all of the following activities:
- supporting the ALF and ALF initiatives;
- mentoring and supporting Indigenous law students and junior lawyers;
- contributing to programs and services that support Indigenous law students and lawyers;
- working to address the issues facing Indigenous lawyers; or,
- working to enhance the stature and influence of Indigenous people in the legal profession.
There are no posthumous awards.
The 2022 ALF Special Contribution Award was presented at the 12th Annual ALF Holiday Banquet on Friday, November 25, 2022 at the Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver, BC.
2022 – Douglas White, KC and Myrna McCallum
2021 – Bradley Regehr, QC
2019 – Tina Dion
2018 – Dr Bruce McIvor
2017 – Honourable Judge Steven Point
2016 – Christina Cook
2015 – Honourable Judge Linda Thomas
Names, designations and honorifics are reflected as they were when the award was presented.
604.687.3404 or 1.888.687.3404