Throughout the year, CBABC proudly honours excellence in BC’s legal profession. Annual awards celebrate individual and industry excellence, outstanding achievements and superior contributions to the association and the legal profession in British Columbia.
Nominations for the Community Service Award are open until Friday, April 12, 2019.
About the Award
To recognize the valuable contributions of our members serving the communities in our province, the CBABC sponsors Community Service Awards in each county. A limited number of awards are awarded in each county. The awards honour CBA members who have demonstrated outstanding dedication, service and commitment to the community. Service to the profession and contributions of a legal nature are not considered for these awards.
Any individual who is a Canadian citizen, or any organization with its primary place of business in Canada, with the exception of current CBABC or CBA staff, current Members of the CBABC Provincial Council, or current Members of the CBABC Executive. The award may not be made posthumously.
This award is presented every two years.
The award is presented by the CBABC President and the Awards & Recognition Committee at the June Provincial Council meeting.
The Award is ajudicated by the Awards & Recognition Committee.
The award shall be granted at the discretion of the Awards & Recognition Committee. The recipient, will be selected by the Awards & Recognition Committee at their sole discretion.
The award is a brass plate on a wooden plaque.
Award Recipient for 2016
Kevin MacDonald, partner, Clark Wilson LLP
Awarded to a CBA member demonstrating outstanding dedication, service and commitment to the community. Mr. MacDonald has given thousands of hours of his time over the years to organizations such as St. Thomas More Collegiate, Covenant House and many others. He has also helped raise nearly $1.2M for local charities through cofounding and running the annual HOOPLAW Charity Basketball Tournament for more than 20 years.
- 2014 - Kim Alicia Karras, Frances M. Kelly
- 2012 - James Sutherland, Jeff Zilkowsky, Georgialee Lang
- 2010 - Jennifer Chow, Allan Donovan and Janneke Lewis
- 2008 - Theresa Arsenault, Perry Ehrlich, James Legh, Suzette Narbonne and Linda Robertson
- 2006 - Elizabeth B Lyall, Patrick J Julian and Peter CP Behie
- 2005 - Lorianna Bennett, Christopher Doll, Richard Molstad, Alisa Noda and Gary Wilson
- 2004 - Graeme V R Keirstead, Jonathan Lampman, Hugh McLellan, Linda Parsons and Mark Virgin
- 2003 - Michael B Ellis, Gavin Hume, QC, Linda D Locke, Michael A McVea and James (Jim) Stout
- 2002 - Halldor Bjarnason, Gary M Brooke and G Glen Ridgway, QC
- 2001 - William Tierney Lane, Paul Levy, Ronald MacIsaac, Irene G Peters and Roy James Stewart, QC
- 2000 - Murray Sadler, QC, Michael Coleman, Tommy Tao, Ronald Lou-Poy, Trevin Rogers and Paul Mitchell
(604) 687-3404 or 1 (888) 687-3404