Vanessa Werden has dedicated an enormous amount of time as an avid mentor and champion for women in the construction industry and legal profession. She was instrumental in granting $20,000 in bursaries for women pursuing trades or construction-related education and training, and has been an influential volunteer in the CBABC Young Lawyers and Construction Law Sections.
This award recognizes the valuable non-legal contributions of our members supporting local, cultural and professional communities in our province. The award honours CBA members anywhere in BC who have demonstrated outstanding dedication, service and commitment to supporting their community by contributing the critical behind-the-scenes work for community building and events.
Any CBABC member, with the exception of current CBABC or CBA staff, current Members of the CBABC Provincial Council, or current Members of the CBABC Executive. The award may not be made posthumously. A previous recipient is ineligible for consideration.
Nomination, Selection and Presentation
Nominations are sought in April. The Board of Directors selects the recipient and the award is presented by the CBABC President at the last Provincial Council meeting of the fiscal year, usually held in June. This award can be presented annually if there are viable candidates.
- 2016 - Kevin MacDonald
- 2014 - Kim Alicia Karras, Frances M. Kelly
- 2012 - James Sutherland, Jeff Zilkowsky, Georgialee Lang
- 2010 - Jennifer Chow, Allan Donovan and Janneke Lewis
- 2008 - Theresa Arsenault, Perry Ehrlich, James Legh, Suzette Narbonne and Linda Robertson
- 2006 - Elizabeth B Lyall, Patrick J Julian and Peter CP Behie
- 2005 - Lorianna Bennett, Christopher Doll, Richard Molstad, Alisa Noda and Gary Wilson
- 2004 - Graeme V R Keirstead, Jonathan Lampman, Hugh McLellan, Linda Parsons and Mark Virgin
- 2003 - Michael B Ellis, Gavin Hume, QC, Linda D Locke, Michael A McVea and James (Jim) Stout
- 2002 - Halldor Bjarnason, Gary M Brooke and G Glen Ridgway, QC
- 2001 - William Tierney Lane, Paul Levy, Ronald MacIsaac, Irene G Peters and Roy James Stewart, QC
- 2000 - Murray Sadler, QC, Michael Coleman, Tommy Tao, Ronald Lou-Poy, Trevin Rogers and Paul Mitchell
(604) 687-3404 or 1 (888) 687-3404