There are two Ways to Use Dial-A-Law:
1. To access the Dial-A-Law scripts, visit online at www.dialalaw.org.
From the menu on the left, for scripts:
- in English, click on a category that you would like to read and then choose a topic. Now available in audio.
- in Chinese, click “Dial-A-Law – Simplified Chinese”
- in Punjabi, click “Dial-A-Law – Punjabi”
2. View the entire English collection at wiki.clicklaw.bc.ca/index.php/Dial-A-Law. The English collection will be offered in book format to all BC public libraries in the fall of 2015.
Dial-A-Law is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To listen to Dial-A-Law scripts, call 604.687.4680 in the Lower Mainland or 1.800.565.5297 in British Columbia. Once you are connected:
- press “1” for English
- press “2” for Chinese
After listening to the welcome message, you may:
- press “1” to enter the script number you would like to listen to
- press “2” for a complete list of topics
- press “3” to request a brochure
- press “4” for the Lawyer Referral Service telephone numbers
- press “8 to repeat the message
- press “9” to disconnect
Note: You may bypass the welcome message at anytime by pressing “1”.
Copyright July 2013, Canadian Bar Association BC Branch. Dial-A-Law is a registered trademark owned by Dial-A-Law, a non-profit membership corporation.