Our Truth & Reconciliation Advisory Committee needs members who are committed to advancing our Truth & Reconciliation Action Plan.
- monitors and makes recommendations regarding the implementation of the Truth & Reconciliation Action Plan with a focus on:
- education and training for CBABC members;
- resources for law firms;
- aboriginal leadership in the legal profession;
- bi-annually reviews the Truth & Reconciliation Action Plan and makes recommendations to the Board to update the Action Plan; and
- monitors and liaises with the Law Society of BC’s initiatives with respect to professional development, inclusion of indigenous lawyers, and any other LSBC initiatives.
Appointment to the committee is for a one-year term beginning September 1, 2019. The Truth & Reconciliation Advisory Committee will meet at least quarterly, with most if not all meetings conducted through video-conferencing.
CBABC members who wish to be considered for this volunteer opportunity are requested to submit your letter of interest and resume to the attention of Kerry L. Simmons, QC, Executive Director, CBABC, 10th Floor 845 Cambie Street, Vancouver BC V6B 5T3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 5pm, September 5, 2019.
As much as we would like to accommodate all who volunteer, we may not be able to do so. Thank you for your interest.