We are looking for an approachable and ambitious lawyer who can serve as Onni’s in-house counsel. The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and is passionate about delivering exceptional legal work.
About the company:
For over half a century, Onni has been building communities for people to live, work, and play. Our success reflects our commitment to our employees and partners, and our dedication to quality construction, innovation, sustainability, and customer satisfaction. Our expertise expands across North America, with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix, and Chicago.
We are looking for an ambitious, confident, and agile lawyer who can find creative solutions for resolving disputes. They must have strong interpersonal skills, good judgement, and strong analytical and organizational abilities.
- Manage litigation and regulatory compliance for all of the Company’s matters in Federal and Provincial jurisdictions including: construction and real estate disputes, builder’s liens, insurance and warranty claims, contractual disputes, and personal injury claims
- Maintain an effective “bring forward” system of critical dates and ensure key timelines are met
- Provide legal advice to Onni executives and the company’s business units on litigation matters, contract disputes, builder’s liens, and other claims
- Regularly report to Onni executives on status and progress of disputes
- Represent the Company in the BC Supreme Court, Provincial Court, and administrative tribunals
- Assist with the drafting and negotiation of all types to contracts and agreements
- Create and maintain contract precedents
- Engage with opposing counsel and counterparties to resolve disputes
- Advise the company on risk management strategy and protocols
- Coordinate with and assist the company’s business units with information gathering, evidence production, and discovery
- Liaise and coordinate with external counsel
- Effectively manage litigation budgets
Summary of Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-3 years of substantive litigation experience
- Construction related experience would be considered a strong asset
- Must be admitted to the British Columbia bar
- Strong analytical, communication and drafting skills
- A demonstrated commitment to teamwork and client service excellence
- Competitive pay & comprehensive benefit package
- Annual Professional development allowance
- Programs to continuously develop and recognize employees
- Wellness: lifeworks wellness platform
- To Top it all off - a great company culture with lots of exciting projects and growth!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.