Are you ready to create better business outcomes with your legal skills and creativity?
Join our team
The in-house TELUS Legal Services team provides world-class, innovative solutions to the TELUS group of companies. Our scope of work is broad and diverse and includes contract and commercial law, regulatory law, commercial litigation, privacy law, intellectual property law, real estate and environmental law, securities law, employment law, pensions, financing, mergers and acquisitions and competition law. We are trusted advisors who collaborate closely with leaders and teams across the organization to deliver better outcomes for internal and external customers.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a dynamic, business-minded lawyer you will have the opportunity to leverage your background to support TELUS' business units on a wide range of litigation, pre-litigation and employment law matters.
• Manage a challenging and diverse portfolio of legal work
• Provide litigation and pre-litigation support on legal issues to all business units in TELUS and provide some employment law support
• Collaborate and work with colleagues in Legal Services from offices across the country
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to join an innovative and leading national company with operations across Canada, gain exposure to legal issues across TELUS’ diverse range of business groups including telecommunications, health, and home security, and engage in a broad and challenging legal portfolio.
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 2 to 4 years of post-call practice
- Broad commercial litigation experience with a law firm or in an in-house role
- Talented in one or more of the following subject areas:
- contractual disputes
- commercial litigation
- claims litigation
- employment law
- privacy law
- telecommunications law
- law enforcement agency production orders
- Strong legal and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate legal advice effectively, in both oral and written form
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to focus on critical goals and strive for superior results
- Recognized for your ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Drive to learn, understand and proactively contribute to business objectives, and to work collaboratively and creatively
- Personable, and skilled at developing and maintaining relationships with sophisticated clients
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of British Columbia and/or Ontario
Great to have…
- Fluency in French would be an asset
Please apply online to Job ID: LEG00388-20 on our career website