Big Law Firm Work - Boutique Environment.
This is the perfect opportunity for a junior lawyer (2 years post call) to get the work and prestige of big law in a collegial, prestigious business law boutique.
If you have practiced for a MINIMUM of one year in a large law downtown law firm and enjoy the work but feel the big firm model may not be for you, then this young, dynamic boutique firm could be the answer.
Our client, a full-service boutique Business law firm, brings together the expertise from internationally recognized law firms around the world to the landscape of Vancouver. With their global experience and dynamic and refreshing attitude, the firm boasts leading corporate clients with a uniquely collegial and creative business minded approach to the law.
They are seeking to add a junior (2-4 year post call) Corporate/Commercial Associate for their growing and busy practice. This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial minded business lawyer looking to be a part of a practice that prides itself on team work while encouraging their lawyers to further develop their business law skills, expertise and interests with the support, guidance and infrastructure of an experienced and collaborative group.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist on complex corporate and commercial transactions including: acquisitions/dispositions, domestic/international commercial projects, corporate restructurings mergers, joint ventures; project finance, and domestic/cross-border debt and equity financings.
- Help negotiate and draft complex commercial contracts in relation to commercial transactions, corporate finance, secured lending, and cross-border financings.
- Help negotiate and draft corporate documents including: shareholder and partnership agreements, resolutions, committee charters, corporate governance guidelines and privacy policies
- Provide legal advice both locally and internationally in a variety of corporate and financing transactions.
- Have the opportunity to work on commercial matters in the field of professional and amateur sports and entertainment law matters.
- A member in good standing of a Canadian Bar
- Have a MINIMUM OF 2 year of relevant experienced gained in a leading/large law firm
- Be a true team player, have a strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial spirit!