This Board committee will:
- identify, recruit and encourage candidates to stand for election or appointment to the Board, Committees, and Provincial Council;
- in consultation with the Board, Executive Director and Committee Chairs (as appropriate), identify anticipated gaps in skills, demographics and diversity of each body and provide information to the Executive Director;
- coordinate with the Executive Director as to membership-wide announcements and targeted member communications to seek candidates for appropriate positions;
- provide information to potential candidates about roles and responsibilities and, where appropriate, encourage application; and
- in undertaking its functions, have regard to and take measures to give effect to the CBABC’s commitment to ensuring that the diversity of the CBA’s membership is represented.
Kerry L. Simmons, K.C.
Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch