The Canadian Corporate Counsel Association (CCCA) Mentoring Program, "Counsel Guiding Counsel: The Path to Excellence," provides critical, hands-on advice to in-house lawyers who are seeking the insights and guidance of more experienced corporate counsel. It is the only program of its kind available in Canada, and is free to all regular CCCA members.
The CCCA Mentoring Program fosters collegiality, enables the transfer of knowledge, and encourages excellence among Canada’s corporate counsel. Features include:
- customized training sessions for all mentors;
- confidential matching of mentors with mentees;
- regular meetings over a six-month period between the mentor and mentee;
- a structured but flexible format with constructive resources; and
- comprehensive support provided by a full-time program advisor and program officer.
Benefits of the program for mentees include:
- enhanced skills and confidence in dealing with challenges and issues;
- access to independent and objective perspectives and experiences; and
- a safe space to raise fresh ideas.
Benefits of the program for mentors include:
- the opportunity to “give back” to the corporate counsel profession;
- the satisfaction of enhancing skills and helping someone grow professionally; and
- fresh perspectives through interactions with in-house lawyers at a different stage in their career.
HOW TO REGISTER
To register your interest to be part of the program, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your email whether you would like to register as a mentee or mentor, your full name, position title, organization, address and contact numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions
When I enrolled in the CCCA Mentorship Program, it was with the hope that I would be paired with a mentor who understood the stresses and demands that I faced as sole in-house counsel for a multinational corporation. The CCCA Mentorship Program administrators took the time to listen to me, and I was paired with a fantastic mentor who not only understood what I was going through, but also offered meaningful and pragmatic advice.
My mentor proved to be a great source of information and inspiration; his wisdom has shaped and will continue to shape the trajectory of my career. It is without hesitation that I recommend the CCCA Mentorship Program to other junior in-house counsel.
Vice-President, Corporate Development
NRT Technology Corp.