The activities of the Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch (CBABC) are governed by the Bylaws of the Association.
Eleven officers of the Association are responsible for the regular activities and administration of the Branch:
- Michael Welsh, President
- Bill Veenstra, Vice President
- Margaret Mereigh, Secretary Treasurer
- Ainsley MacCallum, Young Lawyers Representative
- Tina Dion, QC, Equality & Diversity Representative
- Ken Armstrong, Officer
- Denese Espeut-Post, Officer
- Sarah Klinger, Officer
- Dierk Ullrich, Officer
- Jennifer Chow, QC, Past President 2015/2016
- Caroline Nevin, MBA, CAE, Executive Director
All officers, with the exception of the executive director, are elected members of the association. The executive director is the chief operating officer of the CBABC and the only paid officer of the association.
Council elects the officers, approves the budget, and most important determines CBABC policy. Council meets four times a year to perform its duties and hear reports from the President, Executive Director, Standing Committees, Divisions and other agenda items set by the President.