The 2010 Kamloops Law Day open house was held on April 8, 2010 from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm at the Kamloops Courthouse at 455 Columbia Street. Law Day events in Kamloops offered a variety of activities for the public, including a mock trial, RCMP demonstrations and courthouse tours. Events included:
- a treasure hunt for children was held; children collected credits as they visited stations in the courthouse and received a goodie bag at the end of their tour
- the Kamloops Police Department forensic unit had a display booth and materials
- ICBC had a car crash display and a tricycle course for people wearing "drunk goggles"
- community groups had display booths and materials
- the RCMP conducted a police dog drill at 6:00 pm
- the Kamloops Courthouse Library had displays celebrating its 100th year anniversary
- tours of the Kamloops Courthouse Library were provided by librarians in period costumes
- sheriffs provided guided tours of cells and prisoner transport vehicles
- a Harry Potter mock trial was held at 7:00 pm
The Kamloops Law Day open house was made possible through the support of BC Sheriff Services, the Canadian Bar Association, Impark, Kamloops Bar Association, St Paul’s Cathedral and the RCMP.
On Saturday, April 17, 2010, the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association held its province-wide "Dial-A-Lawyer" event as part of Law Week. Kamloops area residents were invited to call and speak with a lawyer for up to 15 minutes at no cost.
In 2010, 25 volunteer lawyers assisted 216 people in five different areas of law including: family, tort/MVA, immigration, criminal, and wills and estates.