WOMEN LAWYERS FORUM RISING STAR AWARD
Nominations are due by Friday, January 20, 2023 at 4:30pm PT.
The WLF Rising Star Award celebrates the accomplishments of a woman lawyer who has achieved tremendous professional success over the course of ten years of practice or less, and who has contributed to improving the legal community in British Columbia as a whole. The WLF Rising Star Award is intended to recognize and promote women lawyers who have made outstanding contributions over a shorter tenure and to encourage them to continue on this impressive trajectory.
Nominees must be CBABC members but cannot be members of the WLF National or Branch Executives. Nominees must also have 10 years of call or less. WLF welcomes and encourages the nomination of any lawyer who is a woman (both cisgender and transgender).
Consideration will be given to candidates who have:
- Professional achievements, including working on complex or significant transactions or cases, trial successes, business/client development, and/or innovating workplace culture.
- Other evidence of leadership, innovation and vision.
- Participation in legal associations, societies, institutions, and/or the impact of the nominee’s engagement/activities within and/or outside of the legal community.
Nominations must be submitted by 4:30pm PT on Friday, January 20, 2023.
There must be ideally three but no less than two Nominators, one of which must be a CBABC member. Nominators cannot be members of the current year’s Selection Committee.
The following items must be included in the Nomination:
- Name & contact details for the Nominee and confirmation that they accept the nomination.
- Names & contact details for three Nominators, one of which must be a CBABC member.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
- At least three (and a maximum of six) letters of support including:
- A letter from at least one of the Nominators.
- A letter from an individual outside the Nominee’s workplace.
- A letter detailing the reasons why the Nominee should be recognized, based on the criteria outlined above.
Submitted nomination packages are valid for two consecutive award periods.
IMPORTANT: Please note the form and all uploads must be completed and submitted in one session on this webpage. It is not possible to save incomplete forms and exit, to return later for completion. Please complete your award submission in its entirety before exiting this site.